Gloryhound Irregulars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gloryhound Irregulars

Who let the dogs out?

HomeHome  ForumForum  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pick a weapon?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
angus

angus

Pick a weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Pick a weapon?   Pick a weapon? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:05 am

Hi Hounds. Up until now I have been skilling a wide selection of weapons and now I am starting to think of skilling 1 or 2 and get real good with them. Is that how I should go or do you think to contiue you need a wide array of skills/weapons?
Cheers for the info. Dew-Drop. study
Back to top Go down
Coz1969

Coz1969

Pick a weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick a weapon?   Pick a weapon? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:38 pm

Hey DewD!

While I have always been a fan of being able to pick up any weapon and using it, I have found myself sticking to one main weapon for now.

My suggestion, find the weapon type you really enjoy, and get really good at it. You will always have the other skills you have earned, and can use those weapons whenever... but think about being able to pick up the UL weapon of choice, and having great HA on it! I favor laser pistols, but you may enjoy some other weapon... pistols tend to be not quite as useful when ya hunting mobs such as malcs. Razz
Back to top Go down
warpath

warpath

Pick a weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick a weapon?   Pick a weapon? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:47 pm

yeah I skilled on alot of weapons, started on rifle, then long blade for a while, but I settled on laser pistol. I focused on it to get serendipity, and I am still going with it to get coolness.

I will probably keep going with laser pistol for a few more unlocks then try switching to blp, just for shits and giggles Smile
Back to top Go down
Raptor

Pick a weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick a weapon?   Pick a weapon? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:57 am

I heard a great line once:
First specialize, then generalize.

Thing is to skill 1 profession and unlock the new skills, after that you take advantage of those skills in other professions.
But Coz allready mentioned such, a few posts up Smile

Got laser rifle as main profession myself. I fired with the bravo a few times in thin air, so not alot of plasma wep skills, still it's just a few levels (about 6) beneath laser rifle. The additional skills and unlocks do their job ok.

Fire away,
Rap
Back to top Go down
angus

angus

Pick a weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick a weapon?   Pick a weapon? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Cheers for the info Hounds. Gonna prob skill BLP rifle then BLP pistol to finish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pick a weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick a weapon?   Pick a weapon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pick a weapon?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gloryhound Irregulars :: Hound Chat :: General discussion-
Jump to: