Gloryhound Irregulars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gloryhound Irregulars

Who let the dogs out?

HomeHome  ForumForum  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chipping Skills

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
angus

angus

Chipping Skills Empty
PostSubject: Chipping Skills   Chipping Skills EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi Hounds. I was wondering about chipping. Would you do it, have you done it and what are the pros and cons of it. Any info or input welcome.
Cheers Angus(Dew-Drop).
Back to top Go down
Ossipon

Ossipon

Chipping Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipping Skills   Chipping Skills EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 11:25 am

Chipping in, eh? Well, personally, I would not invest my money into chipping in, I also prefer the 'natural' way of skilling, afterall, we become most proficient through doing and actual Hands-on experience, right? But I am not completely without my own skeletons in my closet Suspect ... I received some mining skills as a gift once ... but, since it was a gift, I manage to sleep alright at night Cool

Ossi!
Back to top Go down
angus

angus

Chipping Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipping Skills   Chipping Skills EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Cheers for the reply. My skills are way below the other hounds (aroung 28,000) and I was thinking they could use a boost, but if the natural way is the way to go I will just keep killing and skilling.
Back to top Go down
Ossipon

Ossipon

Chipping Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipping Skills   Chipping Skills EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:47 pm

Well, afaik, we ain't havin' a pissin' contest in the ranks of the Hounds Wink

to put it a little less crudely, all I am saying is that there is no worry to play catch-up... ya don't wanna fall into that trap, otherwise, you will be on a looong and bumpy road. Besides that, at your skill level you can already have a ton of fun killing things!

Keep up the dedication and when skilling during hunting, keep the mobs small and use a weapon with high HA/CHA, low decay, and low ammo burn; eco hunting is the best way to maximize skill gains.

Also, rmbr all those FAP5 and FAP10's you keep looting (and hopefully keep in storage) use them during the same eco hunt to gain free first aid skills on the side ... and since we are on the topic of eco, save some decay and leave the armor in storage Wink

Ossi!
Back to top Go down
Chopper

Chopper

Chipping Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipping Skills   Chipping Skills EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 7:35 pm

I have no objection to chipping, in principle... I have chipped in skills 2 or 3 times, usually when a skill is very low - the gain is proportionately cheaper that way...

So, I chipped in a bunch of first aid when i started, and a bunch of serendipidy when I first unlocked it.

After I stopped using a second avatar I transferred most of those meagre skills across to Chopper too, shame to waste them...

If I had money to burn I would chip up tons, you betcha.

Fortunately, I do not.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Chopper

Chopper

Chipping Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipping Skills   Chipping Skills EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:33 pm

If you're considering eating chips it's worth checknig out jdegre's "Chipping Optimiser Tool" - I hear great things about it...

For example, you might want to unlock Combat Sense or similar...

You tell the Tool your skills (can even be "read" from skills page) and it works out the optimum way to get to the level or unlock you want, and which chips to eat, and how much it'll cost...

Say you want to chip Evader, for example. Chipping "Evade" alone is not the way, as it only contributed 25% to Evader.. there's courage etc also...

So, as I say, check out the Chipping Optimiser Tool. There are links on EF, or you could just Google it...
Back to top Go down
angus

angus

Chipping Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipping Skills   Chipping Skills EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:56 am

Cheers for the info. It seems like it`s gonna cost so for the time being I will get on with skilling naturally.See you in game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chipping Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipping Skills   Chipping Skills Empty

Back to top Go down

Chipping Skills
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gloryhound Irregulars :: Hound Chat :: General discussion-
Jump to: